Saturday, February 27, 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

“Some mistakes... Just have greater consequences than others. But you don't have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You, Clark, have the choice not to let that happen.” 

I need a hug. In fact, can someone just hold me for a week? I think I am just gonna curl up in a ball and keep sobbing now.
I know this book is very well-loved and well-known so I won't make my review super long but I just have to add to the hype by saying, in my book, it deserves all the praise it gets.


This novel is about Louisa Clark ( Lou for short ) a 26 year old woman living an ordinary life. She works at The Buttered Bun cafe, she has a boyfriend of 6 years, named Patrick, she lives at home with her parents, sister Treena and Treena's son Thomas and her granddad. She is content. 
Then without warning, her boss closes the cafe, leaving her without a job and without a way to contribute financially to the household. She comes across a job offer for care and companionship for a 35 year old quadriplegic man. She is hired on.
The man is Will Traynor.

I adored their relationship so much. Moyes really knows how to write fun, witty characters who the reader immediately falls in love with. I read this book in less than a day - the quickest I've read a book in who knows how long - and it crushed me when I finished it.The cool thing is that the book is not in the least preachy. Despite the heaviness of the subject matter, the author has created two witty and quirky characters who are very lovable and complex and who I wanted to read more about. It kept me turning those pages—fast.

Good characters, good dialogue, and a good, well-paced plot make this novel such a “goodread.” The author keeps you guessing till the end, and I was so pulled in. It’s an emotional ride. I can’t wait to read her other books, at least one of which has won awards. I’m not surprised. Highly recommend.

And despite what some reviews say, this is not a romance novel. There is romance in it, found in unlikely circumstances, but this is not a light and fluffy chic lit read.

What an important, heart wrenching book. I don't know if I'll ever get over it.
 
Amazon: Me Before You

MOVIE STARRING EMILIA CLARCK AND SAM CLAFLIN!! 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and already loving it, definitely going to need to buy this

    ReplyDelete