Saturday, May 28, 2016

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

"There's no story," I say. "I saw you one day, and I just knew."

STEPHANIE PERKINS NEEDS TO WRITE STORIES FOR EVER. Because they are just PERFECT.

Isla and the Happily Ever After brings the trilogy full circle. The story is once again mainly set at the School of America in Paris and the Paris scenery is just as wonderful as it was in Anna and the French Kiss. However, the book isn’t fully set in Paris. There is a little side trip to Barcelona as well as some time spent in New York City. Stephanie Perkins’ books may just be contemporary romances but the setting always makes things interesting. 

During the first half of the book I was slightly disappointed because everything was just too cliche and they fell in love so fast, I expected more from Stephanie Perkins... But then, she did it like she always does! THIS WOMAN IS A QUEEN!!! She manages to have control over my emotions with her perfect characters and writing, this book was no exception!

What an emotional roller coaster this series has taken me on! I'm crying and I'm hiccuping. and i can't see through the tears. OH. MY .GOD.
You know how Voldermort had 7 Horcruxes? Well that's how i feel about books. Kind of. Its like there are parts of me,of my soul out there, and the more books i read,the better are the chances to find my Horcruxes. This book,this trilogy was that for me. I found a Horcruxe

Maybe the romance moved a little too fast but then I remembered that for the other two books we had to wait until the end for the couple to kiss I get together or etcetera and I was more than okay with it. 

The cameos from Anna, Etienne, Lola, and Cricket were minor but perfect. I expected a bit more of them than I actually got but I was actually okay with that. Their parts in the story were absolutely wonderful. Isla and the Happily Ever After tied things up for all three of the couples and I couldn’t have asked for more from Stephanie Perkins. The brief glimpses of Anna, Etienne, Lola, and Cricket definitely left me with a smile on my face.

I really do think these books have to be some of my favourites and I recommend them to all! Yes, they can be cringy and cliche but wHAT IS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THAT??? Especially when it is done so well!!

Overall, Isla and the Happily Ever After could not have been better. It’s the perfect ending to this trilogy and it left me eager to read whatever Stephanie Perkins writes next.

*hugs these books tightly for eternity*


No comments:

Post a Comment