Monday, January 11, 2016

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

"It takes a lot of guts to do what she did. To just end it, not knowing what's next? Not knowing if there's anything next? It's easier to go on living a life without any life left in it, than it is to just say 'fuck it' and leave. She was one of the few that just said, 'fuck it'. And I'll commend her every day I'm still alive, too scared to do the same thing." -Colleen Hoover, Hopeless 


This was my first Colleen Hoover book. I know.... GASP! Hopeless was amazingly perfect. I loved it! I am sort of at a loss as to how to actually write a review for this book. First, the book is indescribable. Second, there are so many great reviews out there already. Alas, I will give it a go...... I will try to convey what a beautiful and fantastic experience it was reading such a treasure of a book. 

This is such a heartbreaking story. Yet, it does contain some beautiful moments of joy, swoony love and real honesty. That’s what I preferred the most actually; how honest the main character was with us. She isn't that kind of NA main character that lies to herself all the time and makes us roll our eyes because we obviously know that she loves the guy and, even though she says she doesn’t want him, everyone else knows she does as well. 
To be honest, I found the romance a bit too overwhelming by moments, especially right before Sky and Holder became officially a couple and mainly because the secondary characters started to ‘disappear.’ It’s like the author did want to only focus on Sky and Holder’s relationship but it started to, sometimes, feel cheesy and cheesy romance is not of my favorite sorts. 

Linden Sky's life lacks color. Together with her friend, Six, she lives her life. She was branded school slut because she makes out with different boys, but the only reason she's doing that is because she doesn't feel anything with those guys. Just numbness... And she likes not feeling anything at all. Up until she met Holder... 

Dean Holder
He's got a reputation. Not a good one. Sky knows he is nothing but trouble, but her body doesn't give a shit at all. She's so damn intrigued about him. And, as she gets to know him, she realized that not all rumors about him are true. He's got a hot and cold attitude going on. He's passionate, yet intense. But there's something different about him...and soon, Sky feels...and falls...

And so, their story continues...

This book touched in me so many ways! I bawled my eyes out! 
I spent so much time highlighting this book that I realized it was turning into one big highlight. 
Amazon (FREE): Hopeless FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment